One of the easiest ways of acquiring permanent residency is through the Golden Visa program. This route fits perfectly for foreign investors seeking residence in countries. Over 30 countries of the world have thrown their borders open for eligible foreign investors to acquire residence and citizenship and in exchange make the required investments in the countries.
Seeking to acquire long-term residence or citizenship in some countries of the world, but you are low on budget? Here is a rundown of the cheapest citizenship by investment schemes in the world.
If you want to apply for the Golden Visa program and are on the lookout for the cheapest scheme where you can invest in. Here is the cheapest Golden Visa program you can take part in:
The minimum application fee is $19,000, which makes it one of the cheapest citizenship-by-investment programs in the world. The Thailand Elite Visa aims at giving eligible foreign investors the Privilege Entry Visa. This visa lasts for a maximum of 20 years.
As stated by Thailand Privilege Card Co, there are numerous program alternatives; they include elite flexible one to elite ultimate privilege. The program is spearheaded by Thailand Privilege Card co, which is owned by the state.
Foreign investors can invest at least $40,000 in the Panama Reforestation visa program. This is the lowest route one can get the Golden visa in Panama. You are to invest $40,000 in a reforestation endeavor; the program is recognized by the Ministry of Environment.
However, you should keep in mind that $40,000 is just the lowest investment in the country, some investments range as high as $750,000 in the country. There are two Golden Visa programs in Panama: Panama Reforestation and Qualified Investor Program.
In case you want to invest amounts, you can apply for the Qualified Investor Program; here, you can acquire permanent residence in exchange for a $300,000 investment in real estate, a stock exchange investment for $500,000, or a fixed-term bank investment of $750,000.
There are 3 optional investment routes in Latvia Golden Visa for foreign investors who require permanent residency through investment. The least investment required for Latvia Golden Visa is €60,000.
The first investment option is investing €50,000 into the equity capital of a Latvian firm, also, you are to donate €10,000 to the state budget which totals €60,000.
The next investment option is to acquire a special-purpose investment-free bond that is worth €250,000. You are also to pay €38,000 to the state budget. Which totals it at €288,000.
In this investment alternative, you are to invest €280,000 into the subordinated capital of a Latvian bank for about five years. Also, you are to pay a €25,000 donation to the state budget.
The cheapest option to get citizenship by investment in Antigua and Barbuda is by contributing $100,000 to the Country’s National Development Fund. Which makes it one of the cheapest Golden Visas for foreign investors in the world.
However, there are 3 other ways to be eligible for the country’s citizenship by investment scheme.
You can donate $150,000 to the University of Westside in the second option for the country’s citizenship by investment scheme.
Equally, you can invest in designated and lawfully approved real estate that is worth a minimum of $400,000. You are to pay a processing fee of $30,000.
Also, you can invest $1.5 million into a recognized business on the island, this is with a $30,000 processing fee. This is the most expensive investment option in Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment.
$100 is the least investment option to qualify for Dominica citizenship by investment program. However, there are two investment options in Dominica:
- You are to donate $100,000 to the Island’s Economic Development Funds.
- Or you can acquire real estate worth $200,000 in an approved setting.
There are 4 different investment options offered by this Island, located in the Eastern part of the Caribbean for citizenship by investment.
- The first and cheapest investment option is donating $100,000 to the Island’s National Economic Funds.
- The next investment option is to invest in real estate and acquire properties worth $300,000. These assets can’t be sold out for five years.
- You can also invest $3.5 million in a recognized business project. Projects like transportation infrastructures, cruise ports, universities, restaurants, and a range of other things. The project is aimed at offering at least 3 permanent job opportunities in the country.
- The final investment option is to invest at least $500,00 in government contracts. This should be undertaken under the Covid-19 relief program.
There are two investment options offered by Grenada in its citizenship by investment program.
- The first and cheapest investment option is to donate $150,000 to the National Transformation Fund. This organization spearheads various projects financially; some of them include projects in tourism, alternative energy, and agriculture.
- The next option is to buy assets worth a minimum of $220,000. You are not to sell the assets for 4 years.
There are 3 investment options you can invest in St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program.
- You are to contribute $150,000 to the Sustainable Growth Fund. The program was initiated to ensure growth in various sectors like healthcare, climate change, alternative energy, education, and other important sectors. This is the lowest investment option in the country.
- Also, you can prefer to donate $175,000 towards the program’s Alternative Investment Option.
- You can also invest $200,000 in an authorized real estate project. This is the final and most expensive investment option in the country.
If you are in search of countries to acquire citizenship and permanent residence in exchange for investments into their local economy at the cheapest rate available, then you are at the right place.
I gave a detailed rundown of the cheapest citizenship by investment programs in the world in this article.