JSS3 Basic Science & Technology Mock Exam Paper Sample
MOCK EXAMINATION 2019
SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
DURATION: 1 HOUR, 30 MINUTES
Basic Science/Technology Objective Mock Questions
SECTION A (OBJECTIVE) – Answer all Question in this section
From the options lettered A-D, choose the word that is correctly used to fill in the blank spaces.
1 ……is a material used as electrical insulators.
2. Parallelogram with an area of 8cm2 and given height of 4cm2, calculate the base.
3. Machines that operate mainly with fluid are
4. The product made by combining two or more metallic elements is
A. an Aluminum.
B. an Alloy.
C. a Brass.
D. a Bronze.
5. Belt drives are driven by aid…
6. In a car gear system, the least number of teeth is found in gear
7. One of the following is a method of wood conversion.
A. Defect sawing
B. Line sawing
C. Straight sawing
D. Tangential sawing
8. An example of sanitary fitting in a building is
9. An example of natural defect is
10. Metals are classified into pure metals and…..
B. carbon steel.
C. ferrous metals.
D. non-ferrous metals.
11.Pig iron contains….. as impurity.
12.Motions are classified into….types.
13. The machine used in banks for financial transaction is referred to as
A. Automated Teller Machine.
B. Automation Teller Machine.
C. Automating Teller Method.
D. Automated Teller Mechanical.
14. Which of the following persons is a Nigerian role model in mechanical engineering?
A. Dr. Philip Emeagwali
B. Dr.Chike Obi
C. Dr. Chinwa Achebe
D. Dr.Ayodele Awojobi
15.Which of these is used as head protection device in workshop.
16. The wood obtained from deciduous tree is called….
B. Mahogany wood.
17. Which of the following is one example of non- ferrous metal?
18. Tile used for walls and floors in building is a product from
19. Which of the following is a drug control agency?
20. Which of the following is a natural drug?
Basic Science and Technology Theory Mock Questions
SECTION B (THEORY)
Answer any five questions with a least one from each section and each question carries 4 marks.
1. Write short note on the following:
a. Equilateral triangle
b. Isosceles triangle
2a. What is preventive maintenance?
2b. Give two examples.
3a. State five (5) characteristics of living things,
3b. In a tabular form, classify the following living and non living matter;
Books, Pencils, Man, Table, Rat, Grass, Dog, Elephant, Soil, Housefly, Stone, Beads, Goat, Water, Ants, Biro, Rocks, Tree.
4a. Define Energy.
4b. State four different forms of energy.
5a. What is computer ethics.
5b. List three computer room management ethics.
6a. What is Database?
6b. List five Database terminologies.
Physical and Health Education
7a. Define Physical fitness,
7b. State four importance of physical fitness.
8a. Define Safety.
8b. List 6 playground safety measures.